Welcome to 2017!
I’m sure that many of us are happy to see the back end of 2016 and what better way to do that than by looking at some hot predictions for wedding trends in 2017.
As I mentioned in my video, the first 3 predictions I have are:
- A move away from flower crowns to more actual crowns and metallic crowns. Think big and bold, crystals, metals and lots of details.
(Photo: Murley and Co Millinery)
- Ditching a big expensive wedding for everyone you have ever met and getting back to more who the two of you are. I’m seeing lots of weekend getaways with small groups, intimate backyard weddings and surprise weddings.
- More couple time – after all a wedding is all about celebrating the two of you! This could mean taking time before the ceremony to meet up, do first look and other photos, arriving together or taking some time out during the reception to just enjoy the moment.
- Less rustic, more tropical – Insta and Pinterest are full of greenery and palm fronds and in fact Pantone’s colour for 2017 is greenery.
- Green screen photo booths – want your guests to look like they are in the Swiss Alps, the Desert or on the Moon? With Green screen photo booths anything is possible!
- Lots of softer colours and brushed metallics – things like 50 shades of pinks complemented by coppers and brasses
(Photo: Style me Pretty)
- A move away from popular weddings songs – I’m predicting less 1000 years Christina Perri, Less Ed Sheeran and John Legend and more alternative music choices. Really love those songs but want them to be slightly different? Try and find an alternative arrangement such as this group who do rock songs in a classical style.
- Capes – as we see more and more couples choosing to marry outside of peak season (ie our cooler months), so do are the fashions adapting with this. I’m predicting capes will be a great alternative to veils and lots of little fur (faux of course!) boleros. (Photo: Kroon Designs)
- 2017 is the year for the details – on dresses, in bouquets, trains or veils. We are starting to see lots of elaborate accessories, applique, beading and as always beautiful lace
(Photo: Red Earth Flowers)
- Wedding websites – we are know that wedding planning is a mammoth effort and comes with a million questions for all of your guests. A great way to overcome this is to build a website. Here you can post information about save the dates, let people electronically RSVP, provide accommodation details, capture dietary requirements and start clueing your guests in to the tone of the day
I hope this has inspired you and given you some more ideas for your wedding! Feel free to get in touch if you want to know more or have any questions.
Cheers for now!